Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Men with small balls

17:30, Friday: I set off for the pub to see off my manager after she completed her maternity cover contract
05:30, Saturday: My alarm goes off and I start to drag myself out of bed for a day covering the World Golf Championships at the local posh golf course.
One of these days I'll learn not to go out the night before I have an early morning.
Anyway, a very long day, with a not a lot to do. Saw Tiger Woods tee off, my impression was of a man with a huge grin and lots of very white teeth. But if I was being paid what he's being paid, I think I'd walk around smiling too. Can't remember who his opponent was, but he seemed to have a very large nose.

I say I saw Tiger tee off, buto tbe honest I didn't see anything. I was at the back of the crowd, and als the balls are too small. Golf isn't a sport, it's a game, and it definitely shouldn't be considered a spectator sport. Open air, nice scenery... and you choose to share it with a shuffling crowd of people, watching men with dodgy fashion sense whilst being told to be silent. Give me a walk down the towpath any day (and as the canal runs through the course I get the same scenery. For free.)
I'm afraid I have to agree with Mark Twain's definition of the game:
"A good walk spoiled"

And I didn't even get a golf buggy to play with!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]