Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

I've got a loverly bunch of coconuts*

Ah, alcohol, cause of and solution to all life's problems.
On Friday night I ended up in an absolute dive in King's Cross, lured in by the sound of cheesy music and the promise of a late license. I'd stopped drinking by this point, for my own safety ad dignity not to mention health (Sambuca doesn't like me and I'm not fond of it either. The feeling is mutual, ad one shot is enough to remind both of us why we normally avoid each other)
Anyway, I left after one soft drink to discover how few & far between trains are in the very early morning. An hour and 10 minutes at Euston waiting for the lone train showing on the departures board is not something I'm in a hurry to do again.
Anyway, got home safely without any detours up the Silverlink County line, and went to bed by 3am.
Just after 5pm on Saturday, a text arrived at my mobile telephony apparatus

"David, surpisingly ur a good dancer"

Why surprsingly? I forwarded it to a friend who is only too aware of my mastery of the dancefloor, though not until i'd forwarded it back to the sender, causing confusion and slight embarassment on my part.
Still, the dancing and the texts haven't been mentioned so far this week, though the matter of my destination being written on my forehead was a tale the rest of the office was regaled with.
Should the staff barbecue this week be a stage for bringing my 'surprisingly good' dancing to a wider audience? Comments please.

*Title maybe the product of a lack of inspiration. Post does not contain coconuts.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]