Wednesday, May 11, 2005

 

Mattifying Geronimo

Once again, I am failing in my duties to this blog, but I thought I'd share a paragraph or two from an email I just sent to my sister. This is the same sister who a couple of weeks ago made me feel old & past it when I had to get her to explain to me how to use my new mobile phone (I'm 21, she's 13)

I decided my hair needed a bit of excitement, so I got myself some garnier fructis matte wax type stuff. This is supposed to give me 'sexy surf hair' the general result is an appearance of electrocution with the aroma of a fruit salad. It's also got "mattifying technology" which I suspect may be a made-up word, but I'll give it a chance for the next week at least.
I've also spotted a job opportunity that might be right for me. It's a graduate recruitment scheme with a PR agency that deals in charity, not-for profit and public sector PR, so it could be just what I'm after as a way into charity PR jobs (most of them ask for a couple of years' experience.) The company's called Geronimo, which a Googlesearch reveals was the name of an Indian chief, which I didn't know. I thought it was just the traditional cry of one who is throwing themselves downwards in the pursuit of an extreme sport (bungee jumping or parachuting usually) It means "One who Yawns" Sounds just like me.

So that's my dull life. Hair wax & indian chiefs. And mobile phone ringtones, now officially the bane of my life, and the focus of a project that makes up a not insubstantial part of my degree.
Ho-hum.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]