Thursday, March 24, 2005

 

Weetabix

Well, in less than 24 hours I shall have left sunny York for the glories of Watford. Oh yes.
Unfortunately, the exercise will not be a profitable one, as the bar where I normally work during my vacations doesn't want to employ me this time around (new manager ... just recruited 5 new staff ... blah blah ... same for all the other students ... blah ... will let you know if we need any shifts filling) So there's a lack of cashflow there. Also, my dad's withdrawing from his teacher training course, meaning he'll be looking for work again (anyone interested in a highly experienced physicist? Will not work on evil nuclear world domination plans unless the price is right. London Area.) Maybe buying a new EF 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 USM MkII on Monday wasn't such a hot idea... But it's very nice. Just need to get out and enjoy it now. I guess if I don't load any film, it'll keep things cheap...
But now, dear reader my thoughts turn to the oddities of Weetabix. Sitting there, innocently in its packet, it is dry and flaky, like some kind of dandruff-prone high-fibre DomoKun At the merest hint of milk however, it turns into a greying sludge which must be consumed immediately and rapidly if it is not to become completely unpalatable. Leave the merest hint of sludge in the bowl once you have finished your breakfast though, and a strange concrete-like substance with superglue adhesive properties is formed requiring high strength chemicals and industrial cleaning apparatus to remove. Well, maybe not, but there's a lot of soaking and scrubbing involved. But the amazing part? All this from a breakfast cereal! I feel sure weetabix may have some higher purpose, or maybe applications in the construction industry, as long as the buildings aren't subjected to milk...

So, things aren't great, aside from the wonders of weetabix. However, I shall attempt to find reasons to be cheerful
  1. I acquired Mylo's rather excellent album, Destroy Rock & Roll on Monday with a gift token from a well-meaning family friend. The record is excellent, I recommend it to anyone who likes dance music (although if you're in that bracket, you probably have it already), or just digs good music. I am also liking Studio B's "I see girls" though I'm trying to work out if it's really sleazy or a tribute to the female form. I fear the former.
  2. My photos on photo.net are being seen by loads of people. When I last checked, 3731 people had checked out my tweaked version of 'Pointing at the Weather' which is kind of humbling. I got another set of photos back today, upgraded to 7x5's from 6x4's as a special offer, and then they refunded the d&p when I pointed out the negs were scratched. Result! (Not all the negs were scratched, and not the shots I really cared about)
  3. Um, third cheerful thing... I get to see my family tomorrow. Which I guess is good...
  4. I managed to remove the Chinese from my clothes Yay!
Right, should finish packing. No reply from C, but I think she's on holiday. Don't know how long for, but I'm not worried. I'm [fairly] patient.

5. Just remembered another cheery thing: I've hit 6.2 on hotornot.com Not a scientific measure, but being hotter than 58% of the other men on the site is a bit of a confodence booster, nonetheless *preens*

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]